You’ll know that I’m a fan of minimal music, but minimal deconstruction processes are also intriguing. The idea behind the dancey original single was “a simple experiment to see if we could use only one chord and make a really long song.” Then, the tear down began.
Casimer says he chose to focus not on that chord, but the vocal tracks. “By turning off all the original instrumental elements, I sought out to build an arrangement that would help support my impression of those regal, pretty, and uplifting supportive voices. Our reworking of the song is really an attempt at sustaining the feeling of grandeur I experienced on my virgin listen.”Get the 7” hot off the Five Three Dial Tone press.
thanks yvynyl … time to reblog this blog.
- dormitorygirl reblogged this from johnnyheadband
- noiseprints likes this
- blackhorsepro reblogged this from yvynyl
- downsizeyourlove reblogged this from yvynyl
- papikola likes this
- blackhorsepro likes this
- suspiciouscharacter reblogged this from yvynyl
- getscotter reblogged this from zoz
- itsmegabriel likes this
- zoz reblogged this from mydearsweet
- lisabotany likes this
- megashaun likes this
- mydearsweet reblogged this from yvynyl
- heyitsmister likes this
- johnnyheadband reblogged this from yvynyl and added:
- yvynyl posted this